Thursday, January 14, 2010

got hit in the face...

Okay so the next part of this journey was Nashville!

About 3 1/2 weeks before I was going back to OC for a second year I was told "When God opens the door he's going to hit you in the face." And goodness He surely did! He hit me right in the face... maybe even gave me a black eye and busted lip! The very next day I was asked to moved to Nashvhille to Intern at Rolling Hills Community Church! For starters... I wasn't actually old enough for the position, I had never thought of doing youth ministry and I had never been to Nashville nor had the desire to go there!

So 28 minutes later I said YES, the next weekend I went and dropped out of college and three weeks later packed everything in my car and drove that way! Boy did the Lord know what He was doing here! The following two years taught me so much and has formed and shaped the things I am most passionate about! Even as I rememeber this time I realize just how evident His plan was during this time. He needed me there but mainly because I needed the people there! I developed friendships in Nashville that I couldn't imagine living with out. Families took me in, made me dinner and all together really took care of me! The love of Christ was very much seen through each of them! I was surrounded with such a wonderful group of friends! It wouldn't be possible to write all this and not mention the students! Those students are amazing! I can't wait to get back and see them... even though some are even getting ready to graduate! (INSANE!) I know it seems super girly, and really it IS to reminisce about this. But I wish I could explain the importance of this time in my life via a blog. It's just not possible! But since I'm already doing it... I'm going to go ahead and list top 3 favorite things about nashville...

1) Catch phrase nights!


2) Sudent retreats and camp with Kristy :)


3) The city of Nashville, downtown and the parks!

No comments:

Post a Comment